Published On: Tue, Jul 20th, 2021

3 Dead Near Michigan Country Music Festival Were School Pals

Cirtrus.com: Save 10% on Citrus trees with code CITRUS
Share This
Tags

BROOKLYN, Mich.—Three young men who likely died from carbon monoxide exposure while camping near a country music festival in Michigan were pals who played high school football together. They were identified as Dawson Brown, 20, William Mays Jr., 20, who was known as Richie, and Kole Sova, 19, authorities said. “My heart is breaking for these families and the ones still fighting for their lives,” said Mays’ mother, Amy Satterthwaite, referring to two more friends who were at a hospital. The deaths Saturday probably were caused by carbon monoxide from a portable generator that was operating too close to their travel trailer, Lenawee County Sheriff Troy Bevier said Monday. The victims likely were asleep and “never knew what happened,” Bevier told The Associated Press. The other men, Rayfield Johnson and Kurtis Stitt, both 20, remained in critical condition, he said. They were at a campground across the road from the …

About the Author

-