Including an in-flight hammock for your feet, the ultimate power adapter, and a travel pillow that’s actually comfortable.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A universal travel adapter you can use in over 160 countries — because nothing is more annoying than realizing your forgot to bring the right adapter. You can use it to charge up several devices at a time, so you can have your phone, power bank, laptop, and AirPods charging at the same time!
But remember that this is not a voltage converter!
Promising review: “I am a digital nomad so I travel full-time around the world. I have a lot of devices to charge (laptop, Kindle, phone, backup battery, portable wi-fi device, camera, the list goes on). A lot of times hostel bunks or hotel rooms only have one outlet and with the previous adapter I was using, I had to charge one device at a time. I used to literally set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night and switch devices so that I could get more than one device fully charged overnight. I did my research finally and settled on this one because it is universal and has four USB ports. What a GAME CHANGER. On my latest trip I was able to charge all my devices at once and it made traveling so much smoother. It seems well made and good quality, too. Definitely recommend for my digital nomad and traveling peers. Happy travels! :)” —Maggie A.
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 (available in two colors).
2. An AirFly Pro wireless transmitter so you can add bluetooth capabilities to any device with a headphone jack — even the screens on an airplane! Now you can watch a movie on your next flight without using those awful wired earbuds that get all tangled up in your tray table.
Promising review: “Worked beautifully on a recent eight-hour flight from New York City to Frankfurt! Really easy to pair with my Bose noise-canceling earbuds and charges quickly. The sound quality was excellent. I’m so excited about this product that I’m going to buy one for each of my family members!” —emily p murray
Get it from Amazon for $54.99 (also available in two other models).
3. And an in-flight phone mount for those short flights with no in-seat TV screens. Now you can comfortably binge your latest Netflix obsession without uncomfortably looking down at your phone the entire flight.
Promising review: “I travel for a living and fly often. I regret not buying this in the beginning when I started traveling. I can clip it to the back of the seat in front of me and also on the windows. It is small enough to fold up and fit in my pocket. This is random but related — if you are sitting in an exit row on an airplane you cannot clip this to the window until the plane is in the air — other than that they do not care it is clipped to the window during the flight. Highly recommended.” —Chrissie Jo
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in two colors and also available in a set of two).
4. A portable handheld fan to keep you cool during all of your summer travels. Oh, and did I mention it doubles as a flashlight and a power bank?! You’ll basically never want to leave home without this, even when you’re not traveling.
Promising review: “I can’t say enough about this fan. I love in Florida, and spend a lot of time outdoors and at Disney. I’m a polar bear. Always hot. I’ve bought a lot of different kinds of little fans, and this one outshines them all. It’s quiet, powerful, battery last all day. Even has a flashlight, and is a power bank. For the price, you honestly can’t beat it. Trust me. I’ve tried them all. I liked it so much, I got another one because every one was always wanting to use it.” —N. Rosa
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in five colors).
5. A set of packing cubes — they’ll help you keep all your clothes separated and organized and save you some space in your crowded carry-on! All my fellow over-packers — this is for us!
Each set comes with a small, medium, large, and extra-large cube, a shoe bag, and a laundry bag.
Promising review: “I have been on the fence about buying packing cubes for two years! I wasn’t sure if they would really make a difference in my packing or not. However, I am so glad I decided to get some! I have looked at many brands but I am happy I decided on this one! These are made from a great material and are super cute! This is one of the few brands that include both a shoe bag and a dirty linen bag! … I was actually able to close my luggage with ease for the first time. These keep your clothes clean and organized. It makes packing and unpacking a breeze.” —Cindy U.
Get a set of six from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in 12 colors).
6. A sleek yet sturdy carry-on suitcase with a ridiculously helpful front compartment for your electronics, passport, chargers, snacks — you know, the essentials. Now you won’t have to rummage through your overstuffed suitcase just to find your laptop.
I recently took this on a two-week trip to Italy and I cannot rave about this enough. It’s sleek and slim, yet surprisingly spacious — seriously, I was able to fit SO many extra clothes thanks to the built-in compression pad. The front compartment was the perfect place to store my laptop, passport, AirPods, and other essentials I wanted easy access to. If you’re looking to upgrade your old carry-on to something lightweight, sturdy, and spacious — this is it!
Get it from Monos for $305+ (originally $321+; available in 10 colors).
7. And a surprisingly spacious backpack that opens like a suitcase if you prefer to pack light. It even comes with three packing cubes to help you make the most of your space.
Promising review: “Best backpack I have ever bought. It is not too big, not too small. Definitely recommend. It has a water bottle pouch on the side that can hold my 40 oz bottle. Can probably hold a week’s worth of summer clothes.” —Hector
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in three colors).
8. A memory foam travel pillow so comfy and cozy you’ll be tempted to wear it even when you’re not traveling. Better yet, you can roll it up and stuff it in the included drawstring pouch so it doesn’t take up a bunch of space in your luggage.
If you can easily fall asleep on a plane, I am ridiculously jealous of you. No matter how tired I am, I can almost never get a good nap in on a plane — or if I do, it’s for about two minutes total. I took this on my most recent flight and suddenly believed in miracles — I actually took a full two hour nap thanks to this magical memory foam pillow! Better yet, I was able to easily fold it up into the included pouch and attach it to my backpack when not in use, so it took up no extra space in my carry-on!
Get it from Amazon for $11.98+ (available in six colors).
9. Or a travel-friendly Trtl neck pillow that’ll have you feeling like you’re flying in first class without the first class prices. The super supportive design will keep your neck in a comfy position, meaning you can finally have a relaxing nap on your next flight!
Promising review: “I am a terrible flyer who recently took the red-eye from Dubai to Chicago (15 hours). The Trtl Pillow was a mini lifesaver! I was able to comfortably rest my head on the support and felt warm enough to actually doze off….a rare accomplishment for this skittish flyer. The Velcro works wonderfully with regards to adjustment, and I liked wrapping the fabric around my mouth and nose. Sort of felt cozy…even if I did look like a ninja in a neck brace! Overall, this product has changed the way that I fly, and I am so thankful for this invention and the opportunity to support a small company with big ideas.” —S.Viruly
Get it from Amazon for $44.99 (available in three colors).
10. A super slim and lightweight Anker power bank — it won’t take up much room in your pocket or handbag, but it still holds enough power to charge your phone several times.
Promising review: “I like the solid and sleek construction. Fits easily in my pocket. Most importantly it works! Fast charging, enough capacity to charge my phone multiple times over multiple days, and withstands plenty of me dropping it and yanking the cord out awkwardly and accidentally.” —Joe Hull
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in two colors).
11. Or a cute portable charger that plugs directly into your phone so you can say goodbye to carrying around an extra charging cable!
Promising review: “The holy grail of portable chargers !!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it, you will not be disappointed!” —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in six colors).
12. A sleek pill case with 10 compartments so you can ditch the bulky bottles for something that’s way easier to slip in your pocket.
Promising review: “Love love love these!!! I have a lot of medications that I have to travel with and some of them are very expensive or very important and I get so worried I will lose some. These hold so many pills and have labels for each and they are so easy to open and fill but they also stay closed and seal well!” —Britney
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $9.97.
13. An electric travel toothbrush that takes up way less space than the one your dentist is always trying to convince you to buy. You’ll still get a nice vibrating effect and a helpful 2-minute timer, but it’s about the same size as a normal toothbrush!
I’m obsessed with my Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush (and so is my dentist!), but it’s just way too bulky to stuff in my already over-stuffed carry-on when I’m traveling. I decided to try this out on a recent trip and was super impressed with how well it works. I love that it has a two-minute timer built in (with reminders to switch quadrants every 30 seconds), and it gives a nice gentle vibration. For $15, this is a great alternative to lugging around a bulky rechargeable toothbrush, and way better than most flimsy travel toothbrushes.
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in seven colors).
14. And a pack of mini travel toothbrushes so you can freshen your teeth while you’re on the go — no water or rinsing necessary! If you’re currently using Invisalign, these are perfect for cleaning your teeth before popping your trays back in.
Promising review: “You don’t generate a lot of spit while using these, like you would with toothpaste, so you don’t need a sink. It’s just spit… there’s nothing wrong with swallowing it. The little ball in the middle has a similar effect to mouthwash, but it doesn’t burst or expel liquid. It just wears down as you brush. So you’re removing remaining food particles while freshening your breath…I bought these for the purpose of cleaning my teeth at work. I often eat at my desk, and the idea of brushing my teeth in the work (or any public) restroom was gross to me. I can brush at my desk and put my Invisalign trays back in.” —KC
Get four packs of 24 for $17.08.
15. A puffer scarf that’s basically like a lightweight wearable blanket. It’ll keep you cozy on cold flights, and there’s even two spacious pockets to store your essentials.
Promising review: “Just the perfect little ‘hug’ on a chilly South Carolina morning. Just love this wrap! And there’s pockets!” —Tish
Get it from Amazon for $49.99+ (available in six colors).
16. Or a fashionable travel scarf with a secret compartment so you can stay comfy and have a convenient place to stash your passport, wallet, and anything else you want to (literally) keep close to your chest.
Waypoint Goods is a small business focused on creating travel and lifestyle accessories for women to empower them to explore the world safely. Their Travel Scarf was debuted in 2015 on a Scandinavian urban cycling trip where the founder, Caitlin, realized a purse was not an option. Each color and style has a unique story behind it that inspired the design.
Promising review: “Fabulous scarf for traveling. Hidden pocket is very discreet and large enough for cash, passport, credit cards, etc. Sturdy zipper and beautiful design. Just got back from three weeks in China. I was able to easily carry all of the above, leaving my hands free. Superior product, practical and discreet. I’ve since purchased two more!” —Florida Girl
Get it from Waypoint Goods for $26.25+ (available in 16 styles).
17. A pair of Kiziks that combine the comfort and support of your favorite sneakers with the convenience of your go-to slip ons. They’re specially designed for hands-free use, so you can easily slip them on and off when going through security!
I’ve had the chance to try these recently and absolutely love them. They truly are SO easy to slip your foot into, yet they feel super secure once they’re on your feet. I’ve worn them for a few walks and find that they provide great support while still feeling soft and cushy — and the breathable knit upper is a major plus on hot summer afternoons. The mix of comfort and convenience means I will absolutely be wearing these on my next flight!
Get it from Kizik for $129 (available in women’s sizes 6–13, two widths, and 15 colors. Also available in men’s sizes).
18. A solid shampoo bar so you can ditch the bulky plastic bottles and go for a much more environmentally friendly and space-saving option. One bar is equivalent to three bottles of liquid shampoo, so you’ll reduce clutter in your luggages and maybe even save some coin. Just rub it directly on your hair and lather away!
Promising review: “I love this bar. It’s gentle and has a nice scent without being overpowering. My hair has gotten less oily and needs less washing. I’m really impressed.” —Parriswife17
Get it from Amazon for $15.65+ (available in 13 options and various packs).
19. A stash scrunchie that would be perfect for Gretchen Weiners — because it’s full of secrets. There’s a helpful little zipper pouch so you can stash some cash, keys, lip balm, or the other travel essentials you always leave behind.
Hustle and Sew/Etsy
Promising review: “I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister. She is loving using this to stash a key and cash in a safe place while she walks her dog.” —Tamara H.
Hustle and Sew is a small Etsy shop based in Saint Helens, Oregon.
Get it from Hustle and Sew on Etsy for $8 (available in 14 colors).
20. A pack of body wipes so you can easily freshen up and wipe away dirt and sweat when you’ve spent all day outside but have absolutely no time to take a shower. They’re infused with a calming lavender scent, so you’ll probably smell better than you did before you spent all day in the sweltering heat!
Promising review: “I LOVE these things! I like to work out over my lunch hour to break up the day but don’t have time to get lost in my thoughts in a post-shower, so I throw one of these bad boys in my gym bag and swipe right (then left, then little circular motions). The scent is just right that no one knows I got my sweat on at the gym but not overpowering like the Margaret who works in accounts payable and has been with the company forever’s perfume. I love them so much I fully plan on stocking my camper and boat with them come spring. Recommend to anyone.” —Molly B
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $12.29 (also available in a pack of 20).
21. A digital luggage scale to avoid the dreaded “your bag is too heavy, we’ll have to charge you extra” conversation at the check-in gate. Just hook it onto the handle of your suitcase and lift up to get a reading.
You can also switch between pound and kilogram measurements.
Promising review: “This scale works and was accurate on four flights. First flight was a test at 46 pounds and Delta scales said it was 46 pounds. The next two flights were at 49 pounds and both United and Delta found it to be 49 pounds. The bag on the 4th flight weighed 49 but the United scale found it to be 48 pounds. Four different airports and scales proved that this scale is a good, low cost must have item for air travel.” —Robert
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (also available as a two-pack).
22. An in-flight foot hammock so you can truly make yourself at home on those ridiculously long flights. Just hook it to your seat tray, kick back, and relax! If you often deal with swelling and soreness from flying, this is a must-have.
Promising review: “This is an amazing product. It’s so simple but works incredibly to prevent swelling and pressure on legs while flying. I just flew the first leg of an international flight and used it, and I am on a layover now and had to pause to write this review. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It easily attached to the tray table, and I adjusted to my desired height. It is like a hammock for your feet. You just prop them up inside the thing/swing/hammock — which is very cushiony — and your feet are hoisted up comfortably. I’m a big girl and weight is no issue. DEFINITELY MUST HAVE ON ALL MY FLIGHTS NOW. This thing is great!!” —Queen
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in three colors).
23. A luggage-mounted cup caddy to keep your hands free when you need to rush to your gate but you’re not quite done with that cold brew yet.
Promising review: “This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don’t have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too.” —Philip
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in 25 colors/patterns).
24. A leather electronics organizer so you’ll have a neat and tidy spot to keep all of your charging cables. There are nine slots for everything from USB cords to headphones, so you’ll no longer have to fumble around with a tangled mess in your backpack.
Mr. Crafter / Etsy
MisterCrafter is a small biz that specializes in personalized leather travel and tech accessories.
Promising review: “Absolutely beautiful! The custom lettering came out perfectly and it can easily hold two battery packs and all the cords we could ever need for traveling with cellphones, iPads and our Switch. So pleased with the craftsmanship! Wonderful purchase.
Get it from Mister Crafter on Etsy for $39.80+ (originally $56.86+; available in two sizes, in black or brown, and several engraving options).
25. A supremely soft hoodie designed to give you the best naps of your life. No seriously, it legitimately has an actual built-in sleep mask in the hood! This is about to become your new travel must-have.
Pond Los Angeles
Pond Los Angeles is an Asian woman-owned small biz making luxurious travel products that’ll make you feel like you’re in first class, even if you’re flying coach.
Promising review: “I fly a lot and am constantly trying to find a hoodie with a big hood to cover my eyes so I can catch up on some beauty sleep on flights. I saw this product on Instagram and knew it would be a game changer. I was able to use it recently for the first time on an early-morning flight, and let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING I was looking for and more. It’s comfy, cozy, oversized, and the eye covers make you feel like you’re in a whole other world and not packed like a sardine on a plane. My over ear headphone fit perfectly under it and I got the best sleep I’ve had on a plane — EVER! Like other reviews have said, it is big, so size down if you want something a little more snug. I have been wearing it every day at home and can’t wait to get the black and blush ones!” —Heather G.
Get it from Pond Los Angeles for $128 (available in women’s sizes XS–XL and three colors).
26. A pair of Apple AirPods Pro with noise-cancelation to drown out the crying toddler having a temper tantrum behind you. Just breathe deep and jam out — the flight will be over before you know it.
Promising review: “I’m thrilled. I love the fact there are multiple ear tips, and the small ones fit my ears great. Thrilled with the noise-cancelling feature while I stare at a family member yapping loudly on the phone, and I don’t have to crank my volume up to drown them out. The controls are easy. It pauses music when I take an earbud out, so I’m not fumbling to pause and then yanking an earbud out while yelling, ‘what?’ I’ve never spent this much on headphones, but these are worth the sub-$200 I paid.” —Pixie
And here’s more from BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord: “I have a pair of these, and they’re not playing around. Once they’re securely in your ear, you can toggle the headphones between noise-cancelling and regular sound, depending on your situation. I’ve been working from home, and the noise canceling is so effective that I can work next to a window where my neighbor is doing heavy construction and I don’t hear anything louder than a faint buzzing. It’s quieter than if I’d just plugged my ears with my own fingers. I’m also a runner, and these don’t budge when you’re sweating, which is nice. It’s also handy that these toggle out of noise-cancellation mode, because I feel better being able to hear traffic and other people around me when I’m out and about. The TL;DR is: I love these so much I have zero interest in owning another pair of headphones for as long as I live.” Read her full review of the AirPod Pros here!
Get them from Amazon for $179.99.
27. A simple but oh-so-genius luggage strap so you can carry extra stuff that won’t fit in your carry-on. You can use it to attach your purse, backpack, neck pillow, or anything else you just don’t feel like carrying around.
Promising review: “I love this little gadget. I used it to attach my jacket and computer bag to my luggage on an extended business trip. It made my airport walks so much easier. Now that I’m back home, I’ve been using it daily to attach my jacket or cardigan to my work bag or purse.” —Michele
Get it from Amazon for $8.49+ (available in five colors).
28. A collapsible water bottle to help you stay hydrated without paying for overpriced airport water. Once you’ve got your H20 fix, simply roll it up and throw it back in your luggage.
Plus, it’s lead-, latex-, and BPA-free, is dishwasher safe, and can be used for hot or cold drinks.
Promising review: “Well this is the coolest thing ever! I travel quite a bit, and I usually don’t take a bottle with me because they are big and bulky and I usually lose them! This collapsible water bottle is a perfect traveling accessory. It stays collapsed until after security, and then I fill it up for the trip. It’s a good size and fits in my side compartment in my travel backpack, and the cap screws in securely so I don’t have to worry about it opening accidentally and spilling all over the place. I follow the instructions on how to clean it and it works just fine.” —M. Lyons
Get it from Amazon for $34.95 (available in eight colors).
29. A set of Cadence containers that are as gorgeous as they are extremely useful. You can use them to store your toiletries, pills, and any other small items that would get lost in your luggage — and they have a magnetic design that allows you to cluster them together! You’ll never go back to those bulky plastic travel bottles again.
Cadence is an AAPI woman-owned small business that was founded by Steph Hon with the goal of eliminating single-use travel-sized plastics. The containers are made from recycled ocean-bound plastic.
My BuzzFeed Shopping colleague Abby Kass is a fan: “I recently got a set of four of these, and, wow, I love them so much. I used them on a six-day trip recently, and they were perfect. I customized the label so I knew which one was my shampoo vs. conditioner and did a general label for any other things I wanted to bring along. They do hold a surprising amount. According to the brand, they hold approximately one to two weeks of skincare products, more than two weeks’ worth of serum, two to three days’ worth of haircare, and more than 15 tablets (for medicine and such). And while two to three days worth of haircare might not seem like enough, I found it held more than that for me, but I also don’t wash my hair every single day. They were small enough to slip right into my toiletries bag and go through TSA with no problem. The container was easy to open in the shower (even with wet hands), and I had no leakage from them (like I did from my face wash bottle that will not be making the trip with me next time. SMH). These are an incredibly useful tool anyone who travels will want in their luggage.”
Get a set of six from Cadence for $76 (originally $84; available in many customizable labels and seven colors).
30. And a durable set of Spacesaver vacuum storage bags — they truly live up to their name! Just use the included hand pump to compress all your clothes and save some major space in your suitcase.
And they come with a hand pump for travel!
Promising review: “This is a great product. I have a memory foam pillow that I try to take on trips, due to neck issues, so I purchased this product and put it to the test to see if it could flatten the pillow so I can also carry my clothes and the pillow in the same bag, carry-on size travel bag. The pillow’s been sitting in the vacuum pack for the last three days now and hasn’t let any air into the package at all. The pump removed so much air that the foam is as solid as a rock with less that an 1/8 of an inch of give when I press on it firmly with my thumb.” —4-H Shooting Sports Instructor
Get a pack of five from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in four sizes and other pack sizes).
You having absolutely zero hassles on your next vacation:
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!